Pieces You Need in Your Wardrobe this Fall

Cherry red is the color of the season!
Fall sweaters from Unsplash

The transition from Summer into Fall brings endless things to be excited about: Halloween, Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew, not profusely sweating on a 5-minute walk to class and so on. To me, and I’m sure to many others as well, finally having the opportunity to dress for the season makes it to the top of that list. If you’re looking to update your wardrobe this Fall, here’s everything you need to be looking for.

Maxi Denim Skirts

Being such a timeless fashion staple, it’s fairly easy to incorporate denim pieces into your wardrobe. This Summer denim vests had people in a chokehold, and now we are transitioning into maxi denim skirts. By pairing this piece with a basic tank or graphic baby tee, you can dress it up or down – it’s adorable either way. As the weather gets colder, throwing on a cropped sweater and some tall boots would be a trendy option as well. 

Leather Jackets

To my understanding, these never go out of style. You can’t go wrong with leather. Last season, we saw a lot of oversized leather blazers being incorporated into outfits, as well as baggier leather pants. This Fall, adding an oversized, more bomber-style leather jacket is a perfect way to elevate your outfit on a chilly day. You can dress it down by throwing it over a hoodie, or choose to dress it up by pairing it with some boots and a mini-skirt. 

Cherry Red

This is my favorite trend. By far. I incorporate my red cowgirl boots into my outfits at literally any and every opportunity possible, so you can imagine how excited I was to see that adding a pop of cherry red to your Fall fit is hot this season. Whether it’s a pair of boots or a handbag, getting bold with the color red is the perfect way to elevate your style. If you’re not a fan of the bright cherry red, incorporating darker more crimson-like tones will work just as well.

Off The Shoulder Tops

I’ll be honest I was a little shocked by this one, I thought we left this trend in 2016. However, the silhouette-style knit off the shoulder tops ended up being the wardrobe piece I didn’t know I needed. I can see these being paired with baggy low waisted jeans, a tote bag, and some classic gold hoops. Think Regina George in the scene from Mean Girls when she spreads the Burn Book pages around like flyers. Very y2k, but also very classy and elegant as well.