CNUpdate 2/19

President Kelly talks CNU Day
Students gather on steps of CNH at the end of the CNU Day 2022 celebration taken by Savannah Dunn

In the most recent CNUpdate email, President Kelly talks about all things CNU Day. CNU Day is an annual event where the university asks members of the CNU community (faculty, staff, alumni, students, families, etc.) to donate money in support of “future Captains,” the website says. 

CNU Day 2024 will be on Wed. Mar. 13 and President Kelly encourages everyone to celebrate from “dawn till dark.” He said the morning will start with the 6:30 AM Wednesday Walk and that the Campus Activities Board (CAB) will be hosting a “Lunchtime party on the Great Lawn.”

President Kelly hinted at exciting things for this year’s CNU Day while mentioning that one year “a skydiver even landed on the Great Lawn.” He said that he would not give anything away, but promised it would be exciting. 

This year’s CNU Day is not only focused on donations but supporting the services that CNU has provided to the community. Kelly said, “We will be asking all alumni, faculty, and staff to voluntarily complete a form letting us know about the number of hours of service they provide in their communities and, if they choose, to what causes.” This campaign will be officially launching on Mon. 2/26, and it will be a branch off of CNU Day. 

Kelly said, “Financial support is critical to our ability to remain anchored in excellence through funded scholarships, the special opportunities we provide for our students, and the unique needs of our departments and teams.” He encourages everyone to go “All In” and support CNU Day 2024.