Refreshing acai bowls:

Staff writer reviews Juicing Life Bar & Cafe

A week ago, I decided to do something fun and cross it off my bucket list. I have never tried an açaí bowl before but was told that they taste delicious. So, my boyfriend and I drove to Oyster City Center to visit the Juicing Life Bar & Cafe. I had found the place on Yelp and it had very good reviews.

When we arrived, I was pleased to find out that parking is free on the weekends when visiting Oyster City Center which was very nice. The outside of the building was all windows, which made lighting on the inside perfect for taking pictures. The inside was beautifully decorated with bold statement colors, red and black, giving the cafe a modern classic appeal. If you’re not a fan of açaí bowls, other menu items include a plethora of sandwiches, salads and wraps, as well as smoothies, wellness shots and cold pressed juices. 

I decided to order their classic açaí bowl (picture above), which was so aesthetically appealing that I had to take a photo of it before eating it. It contained açaí made of blueberries, agave, bananas and almond milk, and was topped with granola, chia seeds, strawberries and bananas. I took my order to go and ate outside by the Oyster City Center lake because it was so gorgeous outside. Overall, the açaí bowl was a refreshing treat on a mildly warm day in March. I was even able to save some from the fridge to eat the next day.

All of the staff working at the cafe were really friendly and took their time making my order. The only possible downside for students is that this was definitely on the pricier side, I paid about 15 dollars for the açaí bowl itself and then a tip made it out to be around 18 dollars. However, because this won’t be an everyday thing, I was fine spending that amount of money.

If you decide to go to Oyster City Center, I highly recommend visiting this place, you will not be disappointed at all.