Casino Night With Cab

With the school year back in full swing, the Campus Activities Board (CAB) is back, too! Friday, Sept. 2, CAB hosted its very first Casino Night in the Freeman Center. Similar to other CAB events, students enjoyed spending their Friday night taking advantage of the incredible activities the organization had to offer.

“As early as the end of last semester, the idea was first proposed, and, from then, there has been constant cooperation with both the Leisure Studies committee in CAB, as well as with the vendor who supplied for the event,” says Connor Butterworth, Leisure Studies Chair.

On the first floor of the Freeman Center, students checked in and received $6,000 worth of poker chips. In Freeman 101 and 102, there were Blackjack and Roulette tables. Heading upstairs, there was a horse race where players could bet on a horse and the roll of a dice determined which one moved forward. Students were also able to test their luck with small lottery tickets. Once satisfied with the amount of money they had racked up, the players could then move into the prize room and enter the raffles to win. 

“The prizes included: [a] Michael Kors bag, [a] TV, JBL speakers, [a] bean bag chair, [a] Spikeball set, [a]casino chip set, and even Captain’s Cash, along with kitchen and electronic sets,” Butterworth explained.

Butterworth says that around 200 students attended the event and took part in the different casino games as well as the raffle prizes. He goes on to say, “it wasn’t about the turnout. It’s about the students enjoying themselves at our events. An event is successful as long as the organization and the students are having fun.” 

CAB has already set the bar high with their first event and the student body can not wait to see what else they have in store for us this year.