What’s Happening at the Ferguson Center this Semester?

A preview of upcoming shows at CNU

The Ferguson Center at CNU is where all of the shows that happen on campus occur. It has had Broadway shows, concerts, and TheaterCNU and OperaCNU productions. During this semester, the Ferguson Center is putting on a Broadway show, many concerts, and even the Blue Man Group!

In September, there will be a concert from the Virginia Symphony Orchestra and the Rhythm Project All Stars from Norfolk. They’re playing several songs from different, upbeat operas on Sept. 23rd. Viva MOMIX is the show after that on Sept. 29th from the MOMIX dance company where they put on grand illusions with a lot of dancing involved. Get your tickets now!

In October, the first two shows are from the Virginia Symphony Orchestra, one covers the music of Fleetwood Mac, which is on Oct. 13th. The other show has a song cycle, “Honey and Rue,” paired with a symphony and is on Oct. 21st. The next show is the Blue Man Group on Oct. 23rd. They’re famous for their music and their colorful performances. The next two shows are both on Oct. 29th, with the first one being a Hampton Roads-based saxophonist’s debut performance at the Ferguson Center of his debut album. The second show is a showcase of various ballet dancers from the New York City Ballet and other ballet companies. 

There are quite a few shows in November. Starting on Nov. 4th, Bruce Hornsby, a long-time musician based out of Williamsburg, comes to the Ferguson Center. On Nov. 7th, the Broadway musical “Anastasia” comes to the Ferguson Center, and it is based on the 1997 animated movie of the same name. The next show is on Nov. 10th from the Virginia Symphony Orchestra called “The Doo Wop Project.” The next day is the Michael W. Smith: The WayMaker Tour. He primarily does Christian music. On Nov. 17th, the Virginia Symphony Orchestra comes back to the Ferguson Center for a show about living in New York City. After that, an acapella group, Voctave, is coming to CNU to sing Disney songs and numbers from Broadway musicals.

Starting on Nov. 19th, the Christmas/Holidays concerts and events begin with the first one being The Illusionists doing illusions related to the holidays. The next event is on Nov. 26th and is The Polar Express in Concert with the Virginia Symphony Orchestra. On Dec. 3rd, Dave Koz and Friends are coming to CNU for their annual Christmas tour. The Virginia Symphony Orchestra comes back on Dec. 8th for a holiday concert. Lastly, Celtic Woman is coming to the Ferguson Center for a holiday concert on Dec. 20th. 

Make sure to stop by the ticket office in Peebles for tickets to whatever show(s) you want, and remember, students only pay $25 if you show them your CNU ID.