Don’t have a heart attack!

Demi Lovato releases new REVAMPED rock album
Album cover of REVAMPED from Wikipedia
Album cover of “REVAMPED” from Wikipedia

On September 15, 2023, Demi Lovato released rock versions of many popular songs from her Demi, Confident, Tell Me You Love Me, Unbroken, and Don’t Forget albums. This album named ‘REVAMPED’ will mark Demi Lovato’s first remix album, consisting of 10 re-recorded rock versions of songs from many previous albums combined.

Demi stopped the production of her pop music soon before the release of ‘Holy Fvck.’ This album helped introduce the new rock sound Demi now creates through her new music. The tour of this album helped Demi enter into the world of rock. This tour included Demi singing rock versions of some of her previous pop songs, such as ‘Heart Attack,’ ‘Cool for the Summer,’ and ‘Sorry Not Sorry.’

In an interview with Rolling Stone, Demi Lovato stated ,” The fans loved it.” Demi also revealed,” When I got home from [the] tour, I was like, “Why don’t I just record those versions and release them?” Demi also said that while recreating the album, she made sure that the tracks didn’t lose “their essence and familiarity…I changed the melody a little bit in certain spots and then try to hit higher notes than the originals.” Demi also revealed that the hardest song to imagine as a rock version was Tell Me You Love Me.

On July 14, 2023, Lovato revealed the soon-to-be released album on her social media. Although the album was fully released this month, Demi released some singles to tease fans in the meantime, which included “ Heart Attack (Rock Version” on March 24, 2023, “ Cool for the Summer (Rock Version)” on May 25, 2023, “ Sorry Not Sorry (Rock Version)” on July 14, 2023, and “ Confident )Rock Version)” on August 18, 2023. She performed a mashup of these songs at the 2023 VMA Awards to much applause and ovation from fans and fellow singers and celebrities alike. 

All of the songs on the REVAMPED album were produced by Warren “Oak” Felder, with collaborations from Alex Niceforo, Keith “Ten4” Sorrells, Mitch Allan, Oscar Linnander, Zaire Koalo, Chopsticks, and John Feidmann. The songs are ultimately still familiar but have a gritty, “revamped” feel to them that perfectly represent who Demi Lovato is as an artist right now.