Dance Moms reunion special

Almost all of your favorites are back to “live it on the dance floor”
Poster of dance Moms from IMDb

Dance Moms is back! Lifetime has announced that fan-favorite dancers and moms from the iconic series, which ran eight seasons from 2011 to 2019 (and featured 10 specials), will be getting back together “to talk about the good, bad and everything else in between” in Dance Moms Reunion. The reunion is set to air in 2024. Not much has been revealed about the reunion, other than some behind the scenes pictures from former cast members on Instagram.

JoJo Siwa, Chloé Lukasiak, Paige Hyland, Brooke Hyland, Kendall Vertes, and Kalani Hilliker shared a mirror selfie on the Dance Moms Instagram account with the caption, “You heard it here first. The squad is officially back together for a #DanceMoms reunion coming 2024 only on Lifetime!!” The entire Dance Moms original cast has been extremely successful—they’ve started brands, made music, and overall become well-known online personalities. 

Several long time cast members seemed to not be in attendance, including Nia Sioux, Mackenzie Ziegler, and Maddie Ziegler. Jojo Siwa said in the comments of her instagram post, “Everyone was invited today but only some wanted to be here,” when asked about former cast members absent from the photo.

It’s unclear whether or not Abby Lee Miller, former Dance Moms coach, was invited to the reunion. Miller attempted a spinoff of the show, “Abby’s Virtual Dance Off,” but plans for the show were scrapped by Lifetime in 2020 after former Dance Moms contestant Adriana Smith accused Miller on Instagram of addressing her and her daughter, Kamryn, with bigoted statements when she competed on Season 8, the show’s final season, USA Today reports. 

Despite all the uncertainty, Fans have shared excitement on social media and everyone is anticipating the iconic series reunion in 2024. Learning more about the girls and moms’ lives now and looking back at the memories of when they were young will definitely make fans nostalgic.