Who are you going to call???

A spooky, frantic, and comedic review of Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire

If you love all things that are spooky and supernatural then “Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire” is a must-watch. Frozen Empire is the sequel to the film “Ghostbusters: Afterlife” which hit the box office back in 2021. Both movies however are based on the original Ghostbusters franchise from the 1980s and 1990s. Since the franchise was created there have been other spin-offs from them. Released in 2016 was the original Ghostbuster yet with an all-female-lead cast. After this movie was released not much was done with it, opposite from this new series.

The recent Ghostbuster franchise is about the Spangler family moving to a new city and discovering that they have a connection to the original Ghostbusters gang. You do not need to see the first movie to follow along in this one but I do think “Ghostbusters: Afterlife” is worth a watch. In Frozen Empire, the Spanger family returns to the New York City firehouse where the original Ghostbusters took Ghostbusting to the next level. 

However, in this movie, the Spangler family is getting major push back with the mayor constantly threatening to shut them down. As more and more ghosts are caught the containment unit gets fuller and fuller until no more ghosts can fit. This is when the family discovers that Ray Stantz (an original ghostbuster) has been secretly running a ghost research lab. At this lab, Ray’s team would extract spirits out of possessed objects. One day a strange item appeared at Ray’s shop, an ancient artifact that broke the ghost detector. Ray immediately took it to the lab for extraction, yet it would not come out.

That’s when everything started to go wrong and people who should not have been trusted were. This person ultimately stabbed the family in the back in an attempt to release the inhabitant of the artifact. However, if you must know what happened you are going to have to go watch it for yourself to see if the family is enough to capture this ancient creature for good.

This franchise’s biggest stars include Marvel Universe’s Paul Rudd as Mr. Grooberson, and Stranger Things’ Finn Wolfhard as Trevor Spangler. This series is also so popular because it brings back the old Ghostbuster gang that people grew to love. Both Ghostbusters movies feature Erni Hudson, Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray, and Harold Ramis, the original Ghostbusters. Also brought back to life is Janine Melnitz played by Annie Potts. Fans love it when characters from the original movie get to play a part in the newer versions. This is because it makes it seem as though it’s not a copy of the older movies but instead something new.

In my personal opinion, if you have not bought your tickets yet, what are you waiting for? Even though this movie is meant to be a spooky thriller it is also a comedy. So do not go into this movie expecting only serious content and instead get ready to laugh until you can no longer breathe. “Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire” will not be in theaters much longer, now’s your chance to see what your favorite characters are up to during their newfound career.