Best Gilmore Girls fall episodes

Rewatch your favorite episodes to celebrate the season
Gilmore Girls, taken from Warnerbros.com

Fall is here, which means “Gilmore Girls” rewatch season is also here. If you are looking for the best fall episodes of the “Gilmore Girls” in Stars Hollow, then look no further. Grab a cup of coffee and settle in for a night of fall nostalgia.

• Ted Koppel’s Big Night Out (Season 4, Episode 9)

For all the people that can’t celebrate fall without some football, then this episode is for you. Lorelai, Rory, Emily and Richard take on the Yale football game, breaking out matching sweatshirts, hats and scarves. Hang with the Gilmores at the Yale tailgate. Of course, drama ensues, when Emily finds out that Richard has been seeing his ex-fiance for years. All the best episodes involve Richard and Emily, so you know this one will be a great start to the fall rewatch.

• Eight O’Clock at the Oasis (Season 3, Episode 5)

Jess girlies, rise. Fall has settled in Stars Hollow and Rory is caring for her neighbors yard. The pumpkins, the hay bales and the fall leaves surround the Gilmore girls in this episode. Although Rory is still dating Dean, Jess arrives to help when she breaks the sprinkler system. The romantic tension between Rory and Jess here is quintessential to any “Gilmore Girls” rewatch. In fact, all the episodes building up to their relationship are the best. 

• Kiss and Tell (Season 1, Episode 7)

Okay, this episode is the first fall season in “Gilmore Girls.” The Thanksgiving decorations have arrived in full swing. Miss Patty takes to the town square and teaches the children to dance as pumpkins, gourds, corn and leaves. Dressed as pilgrims for the town festival, Rory and Lane dish about Rory’s first kiss with Dean (we like Dean still at this point). Of course, if you ask Mrs. Kim, Rory was kissed by the Lord. This is where the cornstarch inside joke comes from, so you’ll be in on the joke after this one.

• They Shoot Gilmores, Don’t They? (Season 3, Episode 7)

This is, hands-down, the best “Gilmore Girls” episode to ever air. “High School Musical” director, Kenny Ortega, never makes a bad “Gilmore Girls” episode. Of course, Taylor and Luke bicker over decorating Luke’s diner with fall decorations because, “It smells like fall.” In true Stars Hollow tradition, the town dance marathon has taken over the town, with Rory and Lorelai competing to take the trophy from Kirk. Dean comes to watch Rory, but, of course, so does Jess. The tension and comedy in this episode is *chef’s kiss*. If you don’t love “Gilmore Girls” already, this episode is sure to change that. 

• A Deep-Fried Korean Thanksgiving (Season 3, Episode 10)

Probably the most iconic Thanksgiving themed-episode of any television series, ‘A Deep-Fried Korean Thanksgiving’ features all of Stars Hollows favorite faces. Taylor and Luke argue over fall decorations…again. Mrs. Kim hosts the Gilmore girls for tofurkey (tofu + turkey = tofurkey). Lorelai and Rory stop by Luke’s for a Thanksgiving dinner, as well as consoling Sookie when Jackson decides to deep fry her turkey. Of course, no “Gilmore Girls” episode is complete without Emily and Richard, so you best believe that Lorelai and Rory make a stop in Hartford for Thanksgiving with them, too. This is without a doubt the best fall episode and is perfect for the month of November.