Displaying students cre- ativity in the Torggler

Art majors senior thesis exhibition opens
Senior Thesis Exhibition flyer, courtesy of Jarrett Connolly / TheCaptainsLog

The art majors of the Class of 2024 were one of the first classes who got to explore their creativity in the Torggler. Now they get to showcase their hard work with the Senior Thesis Exhibition, which will be open from April 5th to May 12th in the Mary M. Torggler building. 

Meo Peltier and Eren Krasznay are two senior artists that will have their art showcased in the Exhibition. Krasznay is a multimedia artist and Peltier is a digital illustrator/photographer. Both expressed a hope that a lot of people would take a look at the galleries.

“Everyone worked really hard, everyone’s worked at least a year on it.” Peltier said. 

Both are enthusiastic to see their art displayed in galleries so close to where the art was made. “It’s a really cool thing to have a public gallery right by where you go to class,” he said, adding it’s such a great community and all the artists give each other great critiques. 

The exhibition will have a variety of art mediums on display, like paintings, photography and prints. The Torggler has always offered an environment for a variety of artists to explore lots of mediums. Christopher Newport University’s Arts Department was originally located in the Ferguson, and the introduction of the Torggler has allowed for more programs to be developed with the new space. The building and art department’s many intricacies play a part in all these artist’s success, but CNU’s well knit community of artists plays perhaps the biggest part.

“The great thing about it being a smaller school is you get to know the people around you better,” Krasznay said.

The Exhibition opens on April 5th with a reception at 5 PM. The gallery will be open from then until May 12th, the day after graduation. Both Peltier and Krasznay have art websites at www. meopeltier.com and tmaggzz.art respectively. To get updates from the art department, follow their Instagram @ artcnu.