Six books coming out this year to add to your TBR

1.Knife by Salman Rushdie

The acclaimed author writes on his thoughts and feelings about the assassination attempt on his life in 2022 when an Islamic extremist stabbed him repeatedly. Rushdie has recovered and this book has been described as “a gripping, intimate, and ultimately life-affirming meditation on life, loss, love, art—and finding the strength to stand up again.” It will be released on April 16th. 

2.You Like It Darker by Stephen King

The King is back with a new collection of terrifying short stories. King’s got twelve stories in this collection, including a short story sequel to his iconic 1981 novel Cujo. This collection promises to delve deeper into the darker aspects of life. The author continues to work at bringing high quality stories for everyone to read.It will be released on May 21st.

3.The Angel of Indian Lake by Stephen Graham Jones

The conclusion to Dr.Jones’ acclaimed trilogy jumped to the top of the anticipated lists after last year’s very successful Don’t Fear the Reaper. It has Jade Daniels returning once more to Proofrock. It guarantees to be a bloody fantastic time once again as Jones’ take on the slasher genre gives us one final stab. It will be released on March 26th.

4.Heavenly Tyrant by Xiran Jay Zhao

Zhao’s blowout debut, Iron Widow, was a huge hit on BookTok and gained critical acclaim. Zhao will take us back to Huaxia in Heavenly Tyrant. Which will follow up on the cliffhanger in the previous book and how Zeitan plans to deal with new revelations about the world around her. It releases on April 30th. 

5.Wind and Truth by Brandon Sanderson

3 things are certain in life; death, taxes, and Brandon Sanderson writing new books. The 5th book in The Stormlight Archive series, it plans to be the climax to the story’s first arc. Sanderson’s unique way of updating readers through his process is part of his appeal to his base and has fans foaming for this new book. It releases December 6th.

6.Compound Fracture by Andrew Joseph White 

The Virginia based author continues his streak of gut wrenching horror with this new release. This book follows political conflict in Appalachia with an autistic trans teen who can see ghosts. White ties real life social issues and horror together so well that it’s almost a guarantee this will be a must read. It releases September 3rd.