Women in New Music Friday featured on Spotify

Music that you have probably heard all week

Cowboy Carter- Beyonce

Beyonce’s infamous country album was dropped two weeks ago. The longest track of Beyonce’s career has maintained a steady two week high stream rate, setting records according to Spotify. Bey garnered anticipation for the shift in genre through the release of two singles Texas Hold Em and 16 Carriages. The singles allude to the combination of power ballads, and music that coax the listener to get up and dance. If you find yourself in a retail store II Most Wanted is a catchy collaboration between Miley Cyrus and Beyonce showcasing their vocal range. Beyonce also has duets with many other famous country singers such as Willie Nelson and Dolly Parton. She even has a cover of Parton’s famous song Jolene.

The album is gaining traction as it is known as Beyonce’s country album, but Bey’s overall artistic style is not lost just because of the country label. A notable example occurs when Beyonce’s outro’s the track Daughter with her very own operatics that smoothly transitions in SPAGHETTI which is reminiscent of her classic Beyonce Hip hop and R&B sound.

Scarlet 2 CLAUDE- Doja Cat

On April 5th, 2024 Doja released part two to her album Scarlet, Scarlet 2 CLAUDE.  It is not the familiar Doja Cat that will get stuck in your head. Scarlet 2 Claude Disc one has a well developed Doja sound. It features her ability to rap against unique beats. Most notable tracks are OKCLOSER and Masc (feat. Teezo Touchdown).